Experts estimate that upwards of 90% of dis-ease is stress-related. Therapeutic bodywork is effective for reducing stress, which translates into:
- Greater energy.
- Better sleep quality.
- Improved concentration.
- Reduced fatigue.
- Decreased anxiety.
Specific benefits of bodywork include:
- Relieve migraine pain intensity and/or frequency.
- Alleviate digestive discomforts including acid reflux, bloating and constipation.
- Enhance post-operative healing.
- Promote functional tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue.
- Alleviate pain and improve mobility.
- Release endorphins which are the body's natural painkiller.
- Ease medication dependence.
- Assist with shorter, easier labor for expectant mothers.
- Provide post-partum care for mothers and infants.
- Enhance immunity and detoxification by stimulating lymph flow, the body's natural defense system.
- Improve circulation, which increases oxygen and nutrient flow to tissues and vital organs.
Many people experience an overall improved sense of body awareness and well-being through consistent and regular therapeutic bodywork. This increases an individual's ability to recognize sooner the signs and symptoms of illness or dis-ease (such as pain, inflammation, fatigue or digestive discomforts). This important part of self-care empowers and enables people to respond appropriately to the messages of the body and take action to move toward optimal health.